Sunday 14 August 2016

Challenge 17 Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes

Good morning crafty friends!! And a big warm welcome to our new challenge, which is a nice easy one for you as we're sticking with our theme of

 'Anything Mixed Media'/Creative Goes' 

You don't have to use our products to play along and of course we've got some lovely crafty goodies for our lucky winner from our generous sponsors at Premium Craft Brands

Premium Art Brands



Before we take a peek at the beautiful artwork the DT have created this week though we'd better announce the winner and Top 3 from Challenge 15 so without any further ado.....

Our lucky winner, as chosen by Random.org is ......


Woo hoo, congratulations hun!! Please email us (link in sidebar) quoting your winners code which is PPWK1501 and your snail mail details and we'll get your prize out to you as soon as we can.

This time around top 3 honours go to .......



Well done ladies, your projects were outstanding!! Please help yourself to a badge for your blogs if you'd like one :-)

Now back to business and as always our DT have created some awesome artwork, if you have time, grab a cuppa and check out their blogs for all the details
Alysha - Happy Sunday! Its time to get your Pan Pastels out and make something for our fortnightly challenge. This project I made by creating the background using various colours of Pan Pastels through a floral mask, I then added some flowers, a butterfly and a sentiment from Polkadoodles Lavender Tea Collection CD.  Looking forward to seeing your creations this fortnight, hugs Aly xx


Tracy Scott - Hey there creative lovelies!! What creative goodness have you been up to this week??
I've been playing with paper napkins, index cards and of course my delicious PanPastels!!


The napkins that I used were black and white and once I had adhered to my card with gel medium and dried I started to colour using watersoluble crayons. Once these were dry I had to add my gorgeous PanPastels over the top to highlight and bring the colours to life !!


Finishing off with some sparkly glitter they look like a real work of art. Thanks for stopping by, why not give it a go and create your own beautiful blooms !! Xx


Terry I had fun making a baby card, you cannot have enough of them in the craftroom eh? I worked on the background with Purple Panpastels, layer on top is made with Light Modelling Paste and Crackle made with a few stencils. I also used some Pearlescent and White Coarse.


The heartshaped die is colored with even darker Purple Panpastel and sealed with Glossy Accents.
I colored the borders with Distress ink and with Metallic PanPastels. Last but not least I placed a sentiment.



Some of the products that I have worked with are:




Claire C I've used some of my all time favourite colour PanPastels to make this project, you can find links to them below the pics and more details on my blog


I've used one of my favourite techniques for the background, once I'd stencilled the leaves, I reapplied the stencil and them added Maimeri Glassy Gel Medium before removing the stencil and sprinkling over tiny microbeads









Lou Sims: I used my white pearl medium to create a wonderful pearlescent finish to my paper pieced houses. I also used it on top of the white gesso which helped prepare the MDF key shape. This created a shimmery background.


I used turquoise pan pastel to cover my stampbord pieces before creating my house scene. I then punched a hole and made a keyrinf.


Products and links:





*********************************************************************************

Wow what beautiful projects girls!! 

We don't really do loads of rules here but we do have a couple so please take note:
1. No back links
2. Only 2 entries to make it fair for everyone
3. The main prize can only be posted to a UK address - if the prize is not claimed within 14 days it will be offered to someone on the Top 3 from the same week.
4. You MUST be a follower of this blog to enter

The challenge will run until 27th August and the winner and top 3 will be announced 
on Sunday 11th September 2016
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for selecting my mirror as one of your top 3 I am honoured to be in such good company, congratulations to SewPaperPaint and Jane Royston both your projects blew me away. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! This week's DT inspiration is off the chain awesome! The napkin process blows me away and the other projects are equally beautiful! Thank you for selecting my project in the top 3 and congrats to the other lovely winners! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to everyone!
    Fabulous DT inspirations and many thanks for another fun challenge too Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for picking my monolith as a winning entry, I have just e-mailed you, and uploaded my entry for the current challenge too.

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where are my manners? Congrats to the top three too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your feedback so please feel free to leave the team a comment below - we love reading them!