Sunday 7 September 2014

Challenge 22 Frame It

Good morning and Happy Sunday!! Welcome to a fab new challenge with lots of inspiration from our lovely DT but first a big thank you to everyone who entered our last challenge. We'll be back to announce the winner and Top 3 next Sunday.

Our new theme is 'Frame it'

 so you can make a frame, alter a frame  or you can frame something as part of your project. As always we've got some fabulous stash for our lucky winner who will receive a mask and a PanPastel (colours may vary) from our generous sponsor Premium Craft Brands

  

You don't have to use our products to play along (but of course we love it when you do!). The challenge will run for two weeks so you have until Saturday 20th September to enter and the winner and Top 3 will be announced on Sunday 28th September.

The DT girls have been busy bees creating some gorgeous projects to inspire you

Doreen
I started by making my main image,sponging my background with Permanent Red and Diarylide Yellow.I then stamped my Indigo Blu stamps using Archival ink onto the background.The butterfly was stamped and also coloured with pans......I then cut some card to make my frame,covered it with  some Tim Holtz tissue wrap and then spread some Maimeri Light paste through a leaf stencil. I then coloured this with Permanent Red PanPastel and distressed the edges with black PanPastel.xxx



I made my project using Copper Metallic PanPastel and Maimeri Light Modelling paste.  For more information and pictures on how I made this project please pop over to my blog.








Claire C I've altered a plastic frame from the local pound shop. I began with a coat of Maimeri White Gesso and once that was dry I added some colour with my PanPastels (Ultramarine Blue Tint, Permanent Green Tint, Turquoise Tint and a little Yellow Green). I sealed with cheap hairspray and then dabbed some versamark here and there and applied silver PanPastel to highlight the frame. I've used the same colour PanPastels on the layers of background and coloured the robin with my Graph'It Markers.





Tracy - Excited to be here and sharing my back to front canvas to create a frame using old book pages, Maimeri Gel Mediums, Pan Pastels, Acrylic White paint and water. You can find all the details over on my blog here.




Terry: I had loads of fun working on the frame for this weeks project, I started out with a base layer of Gesso, than Embossing ink with on top the NEW Pearlescent PanPastels Green and Orange. Than Crackle and to top that again the Pearlescent Pans and Irisdescent Paste to give it a finishing touch. The centre of the frame is colored with Metallic Pans and Iridescent Paste, on top a colored Butterfly with Green and Orange Pans.






Lou: I've made a card with a frame on it .... twisted the theme a little. I too have used my new pearlescent pan pastels and am already in love with them! All my card stock was plain but I have added either pearlescent pan pastels or the fine white pearl medium pan pastel. Full details are on my blog ...




http://www.premiumartbrands.com/categories/Pearlescent-PanPastels-%26-Mediums/ http://www.premiumartbrands.com/categories/Pearlescent-PanPastels-%26-Mediums/ http://www.premiumartbrands.com/categories/Pearlescent-PanPastels-%26-Mediums/ http://www.premiumartbrands.com/categories/Pearlescent-PanPastels-%26-Mediums/ 
 Colourless blender       Pearlescent blue     Pearlescent green   White fine pearl



**********************************************************************

We'll be back next week with more inspiration and we'll be announcing the winner and Top 3 from our last challenge too so don't forget to pop back!
We don't really do loads of rules here but we do have a couple so please take note:
1. No back links
2. Only 2 entries to make it fair for everyone
3. We'd love you to TRY and play along with the challenge if you can although it's not a hard and fast rule but extra brownie points are awarded to those who do. 
4. The main prize can only be posted to a UK address - if the prize is not claimed within 14 days it will be offered to someone on the Top 3 from the same week.
5. You MUST be a follower of this blog to enter

The challenge will run until Saturday  20th September  and the winner and top 3 will be announced on Sunday 28th September



Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

2 comments:

  1. Loving all the DT projects, like this challenge so will hopefully take part again. Thank you DT for lots of inspiration:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your feedback so please feel free to leave the team a comment below - we love reading them!